When God is your motivation, the outcome is much more rewarding.

It came to be so easy, I thought. Twenty five pounds down in a short time with little effort. Well this is what happened. I got persuaded, not like in times before but now is more clear to me, I know I have to loose some weight, but back then, I probably did it thinking about cuter clothes or just tighter ones. Well thank God I didn't stay on that idea. You see, we must be very careful with this, because the enemy knows very well how to get you in bondage with this.


It is very clear, this world we live in is obsessed on living longer and not eternally, meaning; this world is obsessed on how it looks more than ever. There are people that the only think they talk about is what they eat, yet they can die right now before finishing reading this post and go into eternal fire. Satan has the world consumed on physical appearance, he has disguised obsessive exercise with health, and please don’t get me wrong, I think that exercise is very important in our lives, but when we become in bondage with it, to the point that we feel so guilty if we miss a class or take a week off, now there is problem.

1 Timothy 4:8 "For bodily exercise profited little; but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come."

The world applauds a person who is physical fit, but you must know this as a Christian. Not everything that the world approves of necessarily means it has God's approval. The world celebrates skinny, and if we as Christians become obsessed on loosing weight to be part of this "skinny" world or applauses, now that is wrong. Because let me explain to you the enemy's plan , is very simple you just have to pay attention:

Loosing weight + workout obsession + Gym Music aka world music + Shorter clothes + Tighter clothes + fashion magazines + crazy make up = a worldly girl with a Christian heart.

And once he has you all wrapped up on his master and ultimate plan, before you even know it, you have made "healthy living" your idol.

I must say I was once that person, I loved the attention I got from people once they see me getting some pounds off, I wanted to tell the world of my accomplishments. All I thought about throughout the day was what I was going to eat, and what time I was going to work out, and when I wasn't doing that I was busy picking up music, dance music to burn cds to make my work out much more fun.

The enemy is a roaring lion, looking to see who he may devour, he is deceitful. He makes you feel guilty if you don't work out one day, but think about this, how come you can feel soo guilty if you skip a workout that you will even punish yourself by working out double the next time, yet you believer of Christ go out to bed, don't pray , don't tithe yet go about your life like nothing happens, and don't even ask God to forgive you. Open your eyes, and see this before it is too late. We are in this world but we are not of it. Satan can use your desire to loose weight to make you serve him. You must be very careful about your motivation.

Let me tell you what allow me to get it straight. I knew that my overweight didn't show control. Let me explain, I knew that I am a born again Christian, with the Holy Spirit of God inside of me, the same one that raised Jesus from death on the third day. I learned that self control is a fruit of the spirit, I even though I know it just doesn’t apply to just food, I knew I was over eating, and maybe perhaps not really caring about my health. So I was persuaded to change, motivated to glorify God, and I must say this have been the easier 25 pounds I have lost so far. I know God is helping me through, I pray about this to him, therefore I know he wanted me to change. I am glad I don't do it to wear the latest trends, or have guys look at me , oh no, no thanks, I can’t be using my body to attract buyers, that is not what a believer of God does.

I learned that if I want to share the gospel to others which we must all do, My look should match my message. I can be sending in a field of confusion to a non believer, for example, I can't be dressed like the world, all made up, looking like lady gaga or miley cyrus and be like here is tract, Jesus loves you.

Knowing that over eating is a problem, and that I must have control, because greater is he who lives in me, and I know God doesn’t want me to be wrapped up in the desires or lusts of this world. I now eat smarter, but not obsessed, I exercise normally but I am not in bondage, I dress conservative, and when I work out I worship God with Christian music, and that to the world might seem like I am not 100% committed but I know it is much more rewarding.

I truly believe that when God is your motivation, the outcome is much more rewarding.






Comments